Welcome to Shank Bros. Auto Transport “About Auto Transport Industry” page.
This page contains information you will rarely find on other auto transport company websites that can better help you understand how the auto transport industry operates.
Most auto transport transactions in the United States take place like this:
- A potential customer (you) go online searching key words such as auto transport, car shipping, etc.
- After submitting your information into an online price generator, you are then solicited by multiple companies offering you promises or the guaranteed lowest shipping rates.
- Once contact with a broker is made, in most cases a credit card deposit (commission) is taken and your transport information is then submitted to one or more national online load boards.
- The price listed by the broker on these load boards is generally the price quoted to you, minus the deposit (commission) paid to the broker.
- The primary factor determining how fast your car gets picked up is the price that it is posted for on the load boards.
- Once a carrier accepts your listing, they will contact you to arrange transport details.
- When your vehicle is delivered you pay the carrier.
Although a good broker will ensure that carriers are experienced, licensed, meet all Federal Motor Carrier standards, have sufficient insurance, and a history of safe and reliable service, the fact is brokers do NOT transport vehicles, they are simply “middlemen” that put you in contact with an auto carrier that can transport your vehicle. Most carriers do not work exclusively for any one broker, they simply monitor the load boards for vehicles that meet their route and price requirements.
How is Shank Bros. Auto Transport different from other brokers?
- Shank Bros. has more than 50 years combined experience in the transport industry.
- We are a carrier and a broker. We own car transport trucks.
- We believe in keeping it simple and easy to understand.
Your Shank Bros. quote will include the complete cost required to get your vehicle moved in the time frame you have requested. Unlike other brokers, our broker fees are a flat rate based on the distance your vehicle will be transported, 100% refundable (no hassle) until your vehicle is assigned to a carrier. This simple pricing structure and our reliable and experienced service, make Shank Bros. Auto Transport your clear choice.